Achievements & Awards
Abhishek Day Care Institute has had the honour of introducing many pioneering efforts under the guidance of its founder Director Dr. M. M. Begani.
Achievements & Awards
Dr. M.M. Begani is a practicing General Surgeon since the past 31 years specializing in
- Laparoscopic (Minimally Invasive) Surgery
- Colo-Rectal and GI Surgery
- Day Care Surgical Practice
He has an array of achievements to his name, some of which include
- Honorary Assistant Surgeon Bombay Hospital (1978-91)
- Assistant Prof. Dept of Surgery ,BHIMS since 1990
- Consultant Surgeon, Bombay Hospital, since 1991
- Medical Director and Consultant, Abhishek Day Care & Medical Research Centre since 2000
His academic accomplishments include
- Vice President, Asscociation Of Colon & Rectal Surgeons of India
- Founder President, Indian Association Of Day Care Surgery
- Founder President National Jain Doctors Federation
Some of his published articles are
- 2007 Day care Surgery Poster in IAAS Amsterdom
- 2007 Pilo Nidal Sinus Poster IAAS
- 2005 Day Surgery in India – Published in BADS journal
- 2005: Study Of 20 Cases of Chronic Calcific Pancreatitis Managed Surgically, Bombay Hospital Journal October 2005.
- 2005: Stapler Haemorrhoidectomy, a newer technique for Piles and Prolapse, Bombay Hospital Journal October 2005.
- 2005: Case Presentation of a High Risk Patient operated for Gall Bladder Empyema under Local Anaesthesia.
- Several Articales in National and International Journals
Other Honours And Awards
- 1971: Best Physique (Mr College), S.P. Medical College, Bikaner, Raj.
- 1971: Represented College In University Of Rajasthan In Gymnastics.
- 1990: Henry Geisinger Fellow (Hgf), Jaycees International.
- 1997: Gold Medal – ‘Best Paper Award’, Colo-Rectal Surgery, Asicon, Dec. 97, Bangalore.
- 2004: Day Care Best Poster Day Care Surgery Srinagar NIASI Conference
- 2004: Day Care Surgery Best Poster Award ASICON Jaipur
- 2007: Best Poster Award IAAS At Amsterdam
- 2008: Best Public Service Award for Free Piles Clinic by ACRSI
- 2008: Mahavir International Appreciation Award
Journal Edited (Bombay Hospital)
- 2000 Special Issue on Coloproctology
- 2003 Special Issue on Day Care Medicine Surgery
- 2005 Special Issue On Laparoscopic Surgery
- 2006 Special Issue on Day Care Medicine Surgery(Revisited)
- 2007 Special Issue on Day Care Surgery
- 2008 Special Issue on Coloproctology
- 2008 Special Issue on Day Care Surgery
About Our Services
Appendix is a narrow blind tube like part & its only open end communicates with the(caecum) junction of small & large intestines.
This blind tube may get occlude due to enlarged lymphoid tissues.
Other causes of obstruction include, stool particle, tumours, parasites,low dietery roughage with high intestinal pressure may cause functional obstruction.
Cancer is a disease caused when cells divide uncontrollably and spread into surrounding tissues. Cancer is caused by changes to DNA. Most cancer-causing DNA changes occur in sections of DNA called genes. These changes are also called genetic changes
Diabetes is a disease that occurs when your blood glucose, also called blood sugar, is too high. Blood glucose is your main source of energy and comes from the food you eat. Insulin, a hormone made by the pancreas, helps glucose from food get into your cells to be used for energy.
An endoscopy is a procedure where organs inside your body are looked at using an instrument called an endoscope. An endoscope is a long, thin, flexible tube that has a light and camera at one end. Images of the inside of your body are shown on a television screen.
A hernia occurs when an internal organ or other body part protrudes through the wall of muscle or tissue that normally contains it. Most hernias occur within the abdominal cavity, between the chest and the hips
In the recent Terror attacks on Mumbai on the 26th November 2008, Dr. M. M. Begani was awarded and Appreciated by government of Maharshtra, Mr.Ratan Tata (Chairman of Tata Group), Mr D. K. Taparia Chairman of Bombay Hospital.
Best Poster Award At Shrinagar – 2004
We Value Your Feedback
Email us anytime
Or call : +91-9930765533